I have been working in the counseling field since 1996, and have been licensed as a Marriage and Family Therapist since 2001. During that time, I have had the opportunity to work in many different settings--from working with homeless teens to foster youth to victims of trauma (including domestic violence, rape, molest, attempted murder) to working/supervising in a large counseling center with families and individuals to being the program manger/clinical director of a domestic violence/sexual assault treatment center. I have also worked in private practice since November of 2001.
Education and Ongoing Training
I graduated Summa Cum Laude with a B.A. in Psychology from the University of California, Davis, and completed my M.A. degree with a dual specialization in Child and Adolescent Treatment and Expressive Arts Therapy at John F. Kennedy University's School of Professional Psychology. I am currently enrolled in the PhD/PsyD program at the Institute for Contemporary Psychoanalysis in Los Angeles, CA.
I continue to take classes and participate in training groups in order to keep my knowledge about effective practice in psychotherapy on the growing edge. In the recent past I have completed additional training in:
- Working with complex PTSD and acute PTSD
- Bipolar and Depressive Disorders
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, especially in regards to anxiety
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
- Attachment based psychotherapy
In addition to my private practice, I have worked as adjunct faculty teaching core graduate courses in Marriage and Family Therapy for several universities. I have taught courses or led trainings in: Couple and Family Therapy, Assessment and Treatment of Trauma, Psychopathology, Human Sexuality, Counseling skills, and Counseling and Therapy Theories, and Attachment Theory and its Implications for Psychotherapy.
Professional Activities and Memberships
- California Marriage and Family Therapist License: MFC38111
- Lifetime Clinical Member of California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CaMFT)
- CaMFT Certified Supervisor since 2007
- Candidate at the Institute of Contemporary Psychoanalysis